This product is a portable coating thickness gauge that can quickly, irregularly and accurately measure the thickness of a non-metallic coating (such as paint, film, etc.) of a metal substrate. It is widely used in identification areas such as industry, car wash, metal industry, chemical industry and
1. Measure the thickness of the
surface of the metal substrate
2. Two modes: auto / user
3. Three measurements: one measurement,
continuous measurement, differential
4. three calibration functions: zero calibration,
two point calibration and basic calibration
5. metric unit and imperial unit
6. automatic shutdown
Spot Measurement: Metallic Coatings Non-Metallic Coatings
Measuring Range: 0 ~ 1.80mm / 0 ~ 71.0 mil Metal Coating Metalloid Metal Coating
Accuracy: ± 0.03mm
Power Source: 2 x 1.5V AAA Battery (Not Included) Minimum Standing
Critical bottom thickness: 0.5 mm
screen resolution: 0.01mm / 1mil
operating temperature: 0 ~ 40 ° c
humidity: 10-95% RH
1. Start: press the start button briefly and switch on the appliance. After the full screen of the LCD screen, the model data is displayed (the indicator is displayed in car mode, no indicator is displayed in the user function), then follow the measurement interface.
2. mode of selection: press and hold the MODE button to change the car / user mode
3. Auto mode: The car space can be used without calibration to measure the coating thickness, iron, aluminum and zinc for three substrate materials suitable for measuring the coating thickness of cars.
4. User Mode: The user mode requires calibration before use that can measure the thickness of the substrate coating for calibration.
5. Automatic power-off: The device switches off automatically within two minutes without measurement or five minutes after the measurement.
Coating thickness measurement:
1. Press the On / Off button in the air to turn on the unit when the BI indicator is displayed on the LCD screen and the measurement mode starts. each power-up time is considered to be one measurement.
2. press the probe lightly onto the coated metal substrate. The unit outputs two BI-BI audio, where the LCD shows the measured value of the coating thickness.
3. Press the MODE button to select the measurement mode. There are three measurement methods to choose from: single measurement, continuous measurement, differential measurement.
4. Single measurement means one data every time. continuous measurement means that as long as the sensor does not leave the substrate, the instrument keeps the measurement. Differential measurement is the difference between this time and the last measurement time.
5. Press the UNIT button to select the unit. there is a metric unit (mm) and an imperial unit (mil).
6. If you turn the device on to the metal substrate, an error (error) appears on the LCD screen after the full LCD screen turns off, due to the wrong starting behavior.
Notification to users:
1. Since car mode has built-in data, the user can no longer perform the calibration. the car space can directly
measure the thickness of iron, aluminum, zinc substrate, which is suitable for measuring the coating thickness of cars.
2. In operating mode, after calibration of the user metal platform, the user can only measure the surface thickness of this metal, not the other metals. for example, if you calibrate the iron substrate, you can not measure the coating thickness of the aluminum substrate.
3. Calibration of user space does not affect the car status.
4. Auto mode is factory default.
5. The default setting uses iron plates by calibrating the user pattern.
6. Calibration according to the user’s model, the substrate diameter must be at least 50 mm, the substrate thickness should be at least 0.5 mm.